Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can non-professionals purchase Qube it™?
Yes. Anyone can purchase Qube it™. Whether you’re a business owner, a teacher, or just your average consumer, you can freely purchase Qube it™ for yourself.
2. Is there a limit on how many machines I can purchase?
3. Do you offer volume pricing?
There is special pricing for distributors. For more information, please contact us. For every 100 Qube it™ units sold, we will donate one to a women’s shelter.
4. Why can’t I stack items inside the Qube it™ chamber?
In order for UVC light to deactivate pathogens, it must be able to reach all surfaces of the object. When items are stacked, the UVC light won’t be able to reach every surface.
5. Why is UVC better for sterilization than UVA or UVB light?
6. Why does Qube it™ use a CFL bulb and not a LED bulb?
CFL bulbs produce high amounts of UVC light. This allows Qube it™ to produce a high level of UVC disinfection throughout the chamber with just 4 bulbs, which keeps the price economical. LED bulbs can be used effectively in small devices, but would have required so many in a unit our size that it would not have been affordable.
7. Why is it important for a UV sterilizer to have 360 degree coverage?
In order to sterilize an item, UVC light must be able to see all surfaces. This is why we use reflective material and a quartz shelf that UVC light can pass through, ensuring 360 degree coverage.
8. How long does the bulb last?
Eight thousand hours.
9. Can I replace a UVC bulb myself?
Yes. To replace the UVC bulb, please refer to manufacturer instructions.
10. Is Qube it™ easy to clean and maintain?
Yes, Qube it™ has hard, smooth surfaces that make it easy to clean. The outside of the unit can be cleaned with regular household products. The inside of the cube self-sterilizes and only needs to be wiped down with a damp cloth to remove debris. Please refer to the Owners Manual for full cleaning instructions.
11. What type of indoor environment should Qube it™ be placed in?
Qube it™ should be kept in a room temperature area, away from any water sources.
12. What makes Qube it™ more effective in comparison to other UV disinfecting devices on the market?
Qube it™ is made of certified, safe parts. The UVC bulb is also certified and guaranteed to provide the UVC light it advertises. Qube it™ has reflective surfaces on the inside of the cube and a shelf that transmits UVC. This ensures that the object gets 360 degree exposure to the light. It has a large interior that allows multiple objects to be cleaned at once.
The market has been flooded with uncertified UVC devices. Some of the UVC bulbs and devices on the market have been found to contain little or no UVC. Many of the working devices rest the object on a UVC blocking surface. This side will not end up being disinfected unless the user can reposition the item and take it through a second cycle.